Thread: Can i run Sonar 7 on the windows 7

Can i run Sonar 7 on the windows 7

I am having problem regarding the windows 7. I have installed the windows 7 operating system for my computer and having question regarding the Sonar installation. I was the Sonar 7 software with my previous version of the OS which was Windows XP and i want to use the same with the Windows 7. But i little worried can I run Sonar 7 on Windows 7 64-bit. If any one have idea or any used it with Windows 7 then let me know. Thank you

Re: Can i run Sonar 7 on the windows 7

Hey, Why don't you try to run on the compatible mode it will be the better option. run it on the vista or xp compatible mode after the installation has been finish. Just right click on the ICON and start form here. try this and see whether it is working or not. i hope this will work because compatibility is itself is a solution for the same. Thank you

You can install it on your system without error it can run on the Windows 7 operating system. But if you are getting any kind of the error then check for the Sound card. Because some time sound card can also bound to cause issue. If you are getting the error then it is because of the sound driver not because of the Windows 7. Hope you liked the idea. Thank you

Hey i am having the same problem when i am using the same in the compatible mode with windows 7 but that gives me error and i was unable to fix it then i have read about the same in some forum and checked that this is the problem with the sound driver. So updated the sounder driver it started working. Hopefully if you got the same problem just update your sound driver and it will work. Bye

I have run the Sonar 7 and the sonar 8 on the windows 7 operating system. It work fine and giving no issue except one that it increases the CPU usage but the Sonar run smoother. This works good on the fresh install not on the older installation. So there are no issue. Better you use it and then look for your self about the performance. Try this and tell me the same worked for you or not.

As per the above discussion i also want to share some information on the that this work properly on windows 7 but in case if it is not responding then there could be the reason behind this is third party software and hence can be solved by removing that. It is better advise to install it with the fresh OS so that there would not be the third party software issue. That all i can help you with this issue. Bye