Thread: Is Nero 8 compatible with Windows 7

Is Nero 8 compatible with Windows 7

I am having a Compaq SR5139UK with 2GB RAM and Windows 7 operating system. I have installed Nero 8 in my system. If I use Nero 8 while browsing with IE8 or use any other application, the system hangs with a flashing circle with a blue color. Sometimes, I get the error: "Application not responding". Everytime I start Nero, I have to restart my system. So, basically I wanted to know that is Nero 8 compatible with Windows 7 or not?

Dr. V Guest

Re: Is Nero 8 compatible with Windows 7

I dont think that Nero 8 is compatible with Windows 7. Everyone is facing such problems while using nero 5, 6, 7, 8 with windows 7. Even I had such problems recently with Nero 7, while using it on windows 7. Nero 9 is perfectly compatible with Windows 7, but it is too slow. Windows itself comes with an built-in writer where you can write the files directly from the disk drive, so why use nero??

Yes indeed, Nero 8 is not compatible with Windows 7. Nero is a world-widely used software to manage CD/DVD activities by the user. But, there are a wide rage of other such softwares available on the web. Some of them are as follows:
    1. CDBurnerXP
    2. InfraRecorder
    3. DeepBurner
    4. Ultimate CD/DVD Burner

and so on.....

I have given up Nero after I found out that Nero 8 is not compatible with Windows 7. I came to know that there are many better products available in the market other than Nero. I suggest you to use MagicISO because I have also tried out this software and found it more useful, capable and interactive as compared to nero. I am currently using MagicISO as I am happy with its working and compatibility.

The Disk Verification Feature is the best that I liked in Nero due to which I wanted to use it. But, after I came to know that Nero compatible with Windows 7, I was just taken aback because this feature is not available since Windows Vista. Then, I found out a software called "Ashampoo Burning Studio 9" which supports all the features of Nero including Disk Verification in Windows 7 as well. Try using it, you may also love it.

I am using Windows 7 x64 RTM with Nero 8.3.13.0. I have heard of many people facing problems with nero in windows 7 and many also have a query whether Nero is compatible with Windows 7 or not. In my case, everything has worked well. I have tried all the features except for the backup. I suggest you to download this version of Nero 8 and hopefully your problem may be eradicated.

ThumbsUp Re: Is Nero 8 compatible with Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin K View Post
    I am using Windows 7 x64 RTM with Nero 8.3.13.0. I have heard of many people facing problems with nero in windows 7 and many also have a query whether Nero is compatible with Windows 7 or not. In my case, everything has worked well. I have tried all the features except for the backup. I suggest you to download this version of Nero 8 and hopefully your problem may be eradicated.
    i agree with calvin k it works fine with my windows 7 x64 7600 rtm