Thread: System doesn't sleep when idle in windows 7

System doesn't sleep when idle in windows 7

Hi, I use a desktop system with windows 7 as the operating system installed in it. The problem is that my system does not sleep automatically. I have set the time in the option content of the system but it do not respond when it is idle. If I do it manually it executes but not automatically. What could be the problem? Please help me out in this scenario. Thank you.

Re: System doesn't sleep when idle in windows 7

You may need to run the system or process a clean boot wizard in order to make it work correctly. This can be done by following steps:

1) Log on to your system by an administrator account with the password accessibility.
    2) Click on start button and open he run command option.
    3) Type msconfig in the box and hit enter.
    4) If you are been asked the user allowance then access to it by allowing.
    5) Click to clear the load startup options that is been checked under startup tab.
    6) On service tab hide all Microsoft service option by clicking on the checkbox.
    7) Now save changes and restart the system.

This should sort out the issue that your system do not sleep automatically.

The problem may be associated with an update issue due to which the system is not under sleep mode after been idle for long. This can be done correct by just updating the firm. The other alternative could be by just using a tool called hotfix. This basically fixes up the issues related to the same. If any bugs that are causing this problem may be then fixed using this tool.

As your system do not go to sleep when been idle under windows 7 can be because the drivers may not be upgraded. Windows 7 been highly sophisticated software that has many features been enabled and added to it requires upgradation in order to be compatible with the system. You need to necessarily upgrade the drivers especially for the Video cards of the system. This can be done by contacting to the manufacturer or by updating it with windows update help.

There is a simple and straight process in order to get things to work. Just follow the steps as given below:

1) Go to the power option of the system from the control panel.
    2) Change the plan settings.
    3) Then change the advanced power settings.
    4) Go to Multimedia settings.
    5) When sharing media make the computer to go sleep.

Well I would suggest you to trouble shoot your system completely in order to make the things work properly. This can be done by formatting the system completely or running a repair wizard using windows 7 utility disc. You need to insert the windows 7 disc into the optical drive and then start the application when it detects automatically. Click on Install option and then continue. It will then ask to reapair. Click on the option it will fix up the bug.