Thread: Enable Desktop Cube in ubuntu 9.10

Enable Desktop Cube in ubuntu 9.10

Hi, I have just few days ago installed the ubuntu 9.10 and now wanted to enable the desktop cube, But I don't have any idea regarding the enabling of it. So, if anyone is having basic idea regarding the enabling of Desktop Cube, then please send me the steps regarding this. I am new to the Linux platform, so please give me the details about the steps to follow to enable it. Please, help me to get this enable. Thanks in advance.

Re: Enable Desktop Cube in ubuntu 9.10

Hello, you want to enable desktop cube which is also called desktop cylinder. You can enable this desktop cube by the use of "CompizConfig Setting Manager". Or you can use the "Synaptic package manager" to enable the desktop cube in your system. Now, when you install one of it, to enable the desktop cube you need to select CompizConfig from "System->Preferences" menu. In that select the "Desktop Cube" and "Rotate Cube" options. Optionally use, "Cube Reflection". Done. So, follow the steps below to solve your problem. I think you will able to enable Desktop cube with the help of these steps.

Hi, to enable the Desktop Cube in ubuntu 9.10 you need to follow the steps below:
    • Go to System >> Preferences >> Appearance
    • Now select Custom on the Visual Effects tab.
    • To configure Desktop cube, you can now either click on the Preferences button
    • or you can go to System >> Preferences >> CompizConfig Settings Manager
    • In any of the way you will move to the CompizConfig Settings Manager.
    • Now, you can configure it as you want.
    Following are some shortcuts which will help you to change the configuration:

• SUPER+SHIFT+DRAG LEFT MOUSE = draw fire
    • SUPER+SHIFT+C = clear fire
    • CTRL+ALT+DRAG LEFT MOUSE = rotate cube
    • CTRL+ALT+LEFT ARROW = rotate cube
    • CTRL+ALT+DOWN ARROW = flat desktop
    • SHIFT+ALT+UP = initiate window picker
    • CTRL+ALT+DOWN = unfold cube
    • ALT+TAB = window switch
    • SUPER+TAB = flip switcher or ring switcher
    • ALT+F7 = 'move windows'
    • SHIFT+F9 = water effect
    • SHIFT+F10 = slow animations
    • CTRL+ALT+D = show desktop

Dr. V Guest

Hey, this is quiet simple think. You need to follow the steps below to solve your problem.
    • After enabling Compiz from the path of System >> Preferences >> Appearance >> Visual Effects.
    • Now you need to install compiz manager to configure eye candy.
    • sudo apt-get install simple-ccsm
    • After doing this go to System >> Preferences >> Simple CompizConfig settings manager.
    • Now go to the desktop tab and enable desktop cube.
    • Done.

Hi, I am also searching for the same thing. I have installed ubuntu 9.10 few days ago. I am the regular user of the windows and don't know anything about the Linux, So, if anyone is having idea about the setting of the Desktop Cube, then please give me reply about it. I am waiting for you reply. Please help me to solve this problem. Desktop cube is having very nice look and I want to enable it as soon as possible. So, if you know it, then please reply me as soon as possible.

Hello, I have also installed ubuntu 9.10 few days ago. But, I don't know anything about the Desktop Cube. What it is? Is it any type of Software or any inbuilt application. I want some details about it. So, if anyone is having details about it then please give that to me. I am waiting for your reply. Please, help me to get more information about it. If you are having any information then give me and also give me the path or steps to achieve it.