Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to play wmv files in Fedora

Operating Systems

Old 14-12-2009

Unable to play wmv files in Fedora

Can anyone have knowledge about the Fedora 9? I am using Fedora and now getting problem while running the files with the extension of wmv. Is there any solution by which you will able to run these files on the Fedora 9. If you have any solution then please reply me with that particular solution, so that I can solve my problem. I am waiting for your reply.

Old 14-12-2009
Dr. V

Re: Unable to play wmv files in Fedora

Hi, You are getting problem while running the wmv files on you Fedora 9, then you have to use the third party softwares which will help you to get this files run. There are some or the other Media players are used to run or play the wmv files such as VLC player, Essential Media Package and Xine player. So, you can try for these and then check whether it is working for you also or not. I think any one from this will work for you.
Old 14-12-2009

Hello, this is quiet common problem if you have not installed any type of media player on your Fedora. So, you just need to install the any media player to run you wmv files on your Fedora. VLC media player is better solution for you in this problem. So, just make a download of VLC media player and then solve your problem. I think by installing this player you can able to run the wmv files on your computer.
Old 14-12-2009

I think you need to use the media player to play the wmv files on your Fedora. As there would be possibility that the file is not supported directly by the system, but with the help of any third party application, you can use it. I have not used Fedora yet, that is why I am not sure that you will able to solve your problem or not with the help of my solution, but you can make use of it and then check it whether it is working or not. But, I think that it will solve your problem.
Old 14-12-2009

Hi, I am also facing the same problem. When I try to play any type of wmv file on my Fedora, it gives me error of not opening it. I have searched on internet, but not able to get any type of information. So, if you have any solution about it, then please help me to solve that problem. I have tried many settings in Fedora but none of this work, so if you are having some trick then please help me to get the solution.
Old 14-12-2009

Hi, I am also getting the same problem as you, regarding the problem of playing the wmv files in Fedora. It is not possible to play to run the wmv files in Fedora, so I tried for the VLC player and then also it is not giving me any type of solution. So, if anyone knows or using the media player which will run my wmv files in Fedora then it will help me a lot. So, please give me some help to achieve this. I am waiting for your reply.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,