Thread: Not able to Install Antivirus Software on windows XP(Service pack 2)

Not able to Install Antivirus Software on windows XP(Service pack 2)

Hello Friends,

I am getting problem over the windows XP(Service pack 2). My problem is that I not able to Install any antivirus software on windows XP(Service pack 2). I have tried the installation of the various antivirus software such as Kespersky, AVG, Avast etc.
    If any one has solution over this problem? What I need to do for installing antivirus software on windows XP without any error?

Re: Not able to Install Antivirus Software on windows XP(Service pack 2)

Hi friend,

Firstly I suggest you to reinstalling windows XP(Service pack 2). This process id very useful, the any malware or virus running on your computer system will get deleted. And then try to reinstall the various Antivirus Software.
    If it's doesn't work then I think you should take help of software engineer to solve the Installation problem in Antivirus Software

Dr. V Guest

Hi,

It seems that old antivirus software which was already installed on your computer causing this error.To overcome this issue you need to cleanup the registry of that antivirus before installing any new Antivirus Software. For this you can use the one utility called as "Cleanup registry".
    The installation problem may occurring because any past installation of the corrupted Antivirus Software. Please try the above procedure and let me know that are you able to install the Antivirus Software or not.

Hello,
    Definitely this problem you are getting is because of the virus infection . There on virus which disables the administrative properties of the system administrator.
    The virus causing this problem is named as "wscript.exe ujbright_antivirus.vbs". This virus doesn't allow to install any Antivirus Software. If you want to proceed you first need to remove this virus program.

I have same problem while installing any Antivirus . Somebody told me to format your system. I did the format of the system, but my problem not yet solved. I have tried to search any occurrence of the "wscript.exe ujbright_antivirus.vbs" but not successful. I don't want to format my system again. Is there another way to install the antivirus sofware? Please help me to solve this..

Hi, You should try the below possible things:
    • Try to reinstall the windows XP(Service pack 2).
    • Format your computer system.
    • Cleanup the past installed antivirus registry.

I don't have any suggestion other than above to overcome the antivirus issue.

lexlibris1299 Guest

Possible reasons are, your windows are already corrupted by a virus and is now preventing you to install an anti-virus, or the old anti-virus is still on the registry so please clean it first, and lastly if windows is not affected by virus and the old anti-virus is already uninstalled then try to re-install the xp sp2.