Thread: Battery life of the laptop getting affected by Windows 7

Battery life of the laptop getting affected by Windows 7

Hi All,

I have upgraded my computer system with the windows 7 OS. Before windows 7 OS I had windows XP installed on my system. When I was using windows XP , I was getting 5 hours backup from laptop battery. But now over windows 7 I am getting only 4 hours backup from laptop battery. I think windows 7 OS is decreasing the laptop battery life.
    Please let me know how can I overcome this problem of the battery over windows 7?

Re: Battery life of the laptop getting affected by Windows 7

Hi friend,

I am not agree with your thoughts, and don't think that any operating system can affects laptop battery life. There are many other thinks which may lead to decrease the battery backup. If you are playing the games which comprises the higher graphics will definitely decrease your battery life. Please also make sure that the battery is fully charged before it is being used. The another point about the battery I am telling you that you won't get consistent back from any laptop battery.

Hello,
    If you are using the DVD drive constantly it may consume more battery power. I recommend you to install one utility known as "Drivers and Utilities".
    This utility used to decrease the power consumption of the DVD drive.
    If you have not used battery for more than one month, it might effected on the battery life. You need to utilize the battery power regularly, as it elongate the battery life.

Hi,

I am also have windows 7 on my laptop, but I have not yet experienced this type of the problem. I think this problem is occurs because of the wrong display setting.
    • For long battery life adjust the brightness of your laptop screen , Don't increase to higher brightness.
    • Don't apply any screensaver as it takes more power.
    • Adjust the power property so that you laptop screen will be turn off whenever you don't use it for more than two minutes.

If you want to know more tips about how to increase the battery life of the laptop please visit the below link:
    20 Tips To Increase Battery Life Of Your Laptop

On this link you will get various techniques to increase utilization of the battery.

Hi friend,
    I think you need to replace your laptop battery . You won't get the five hours backup constantly on any battery. The back up time of the battery get decrease with it's use. As per my knowledge the windows 7 operating system doesn't affects on the battery life. I think you need to visit your laptop service center . There is only solution for battery problem.

Don't listen to those knuckleheads. Yes Windows 7 does draw more power than XP. There is alot more going on in the background with 7 than XP. If you notice when browsing laptops for sale. And about 99% of them aren't running XP, and the stats show an average of 1.5-2 hour battery life. You just aren't seeing the 4 hour battery life as the standard anymore.