Thread: How to use FTP on ubuntu

How to use FTP on ubuntu

Here are some of my doubts regarding a Linux based system. I have a Ubuntu desktop system. I want to start with XChat. How to use this in Ubuntu. The other one is GIMP. I have used it a little but not so much know about it and the last thing is FTP transfer in it. I have gFTP for that. How to configure it.

Re: How to use FTP on ubuntu

Of course first fill the fields with your usernames, alternate nickname is a nickname when your second one is already taken. XChat allows you two nicks alternative or the other software does offer one. So below you have a server list, select the one you login. If you need to create one, click New Server or if you are creating several belonging to the same group New Group and New Server then you only remains only to complete fields correctly, the port was very often 6667 Double-click the server you want to connect or select it and click Connect. You can use the tabs that are located below the chat window. XChat is based on the same architecture as any other IRC software, it is easy to adapt.

For GIMP go to Start => Graphics => The Gimp Here is the main window will appear with Other nearby window that you can close it. To take just one window, do as above, then click OK, the mouse will click on the window was taken (if you have multiple windows open to not put 0secondes but 5secondes the time to select the right window) Then click on the window when you see a sort of cross appear. Just save it, do right click > File > Save As such Put or test.gif. Jpg or any etc.

It is easy to use gFTP, software to make transfers via FTP on RedHat. It is very simple and clear tutorials that will be mostly a sort of guide to the software. First go to Start > Internet > Web Extra Tools > gFTP. To connect to an FTP, fill in the fields on this bar and then press the icon left Hote Once you connect you can add this to your FTP bookmarks: Bookmark > Add a bookmark. On the left you have your local directory, where you can browse course. And the right remote directory, which you can upload or download thanks to the arrows between the two.

Re: How to connect FTP Server

You have no need to install about anything special for connecting the ftp server to the ubuntu.You have to just click on places on the desktop from the menu, then connect to the server. It will give you a ftp connecting details in a dialog box. This do not require password or user login. You should fill in the server address as ftp.tm.net.my and select connect. After that in your desktop you can see a new icon. Select the icon you can connect to the ftp server. You can also browse the remote data from the server as if it is inside your system. And if you want to transfer or copy the data you can do it very easily, as like copying the data from your own computer.

Re: Connect FTP server with Username and Password

You can only use this system to access to any private ftp server by using password and username. This ftp account is only given to the owners of the website, so they can publish the website to the internet. After selecting the places from the menu then go to the connect to server. You will see a dialog box, select ftp server. click connect, you can see a icon in the desktop, click the icon and you will be allowed to login by the ftp server. In this way you can browse your account from ftp to your ubuntu.