Thread: Problem with aero effect in the Windows 7

Problem with aero effect in the Windows 7

Hi,

I am having the problem regarding the use of the windows 7. I have recently installed the Windows 7 in my machine which was running before with the Windows XP. But the problem is with the aero effect. It is not showing the aero effect in my machine i have lots of methods but nothing works for me. itr always show me that my video card does not support the aero effect. Can any one help me activate the aero effect on the same.

Waiting for reply

Re: Problem with aero effect in the Windows 7

Hi there,

You didn't specified the video card that you are using. If you wont specify the same it is difficult to understand the problem which you are facing with the Aero effect. So first check that you have the graphic card which will support the effect of the aero theme. If your video card is older then replace it with the latest one to support the same. Thats all i can help you

Bye

Hi there,

If it is not possible to view the aero theme in your windows 7 like transparency and all then you need to run the Aero troubleshooter which will help you to understand the problem that you are going through. It will automatically run a program which will check the capability of the system to support the aero theme. It suggest you about the configuration up gradation if require.

Thanks

Here are the steps involving to run the Aero trouble shooter. Open the Aero troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Troubleshooter, click Troubleshooting, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, click Display Aero desktop effects. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope it will help you

Dr. V Guest

I like the suggestion of the above post regarding the Aero theme troubleshooter which will guide you about the systems performance for the AERO. But for that you also have to make sure that your system is running with the up to dated troubleshooter for the windows which will help you to understand the performance of the same. You can get the latest one from the Microsoft site

Thank you

cool buddy Guest

You need atleast 1 GB of RAM to run Vista aero. I would recommend 2 GB of RAM and a minimum of 2.5 Ghz processor or a dedicated graphics card. otherwise overall system performance will suffer even if aero is supported. So make sure you have a system capable of running aero

Why don't you try windows 7. It is much better compared to Vista as far as resource utilisation is concerned