Thread: How to install IPX on Windows 7

How to install IPX on Windows 7

Hey,

I got a small issue regarding the installation of the IPX on my Windows 7 running machine. Mostly i play game online in a network which require the IPX and i don't any idea about the installation if the same. And without installing the same i cant access the game in a network . So help me i need to add the same in the protocol. If any one have idea regarding this can come up with the solution and help me that so that i will be able to play game online.

Thanks in advance

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to install IPX on Windows 7

Hey,

There is a solution which might help with the installation of the IPX on your Windows 7 running machine.
    Make a new folder in known as temp in the c drive. Now copy the filed listed below in this directory

• Windows\System32\drivers\nwlnknb.sys
    • Windows\System32\drivers\nwlnkfwd.sys
    • Windows\System32\drivers\nwlnkspx.sys
    • Windows\System32\drivers\nwlnkipx.sys
    • Windows\System32\drivers\nwlnkflt.sys
    • Windows\System32\rtipxmib.dll
    • Windows\System32\wshisn.dll
    • Windows\System32\nwprovau.dll
    • Windows\inf\netnwlnk.pnf (*)
    • Windows\inf\netnwlnk.inf (*)

Now click on the manage network connection and again click on the LAN Adapter and finish it with clicking on the install

Hello,

As per your conversation posted above i come to know that you need to install a IPX for your computer which is running on the Windows 7 operating system for accessing the game on a network. But this might be very bad news for you to know that it has not supported after the Windows XP operating system which is the previous release of the Microsoft corporation. I hope i didn't disappointed you.

Anyways thanks

Hi buddy,

Windows 7 does not support the IPX because the Microsoft has been removed the IPX and SPX from Windows operating system after the introduction of Windows Vista. This happens because the game which is played on the LAN using protocol are older now. But there is some method which will allow you to add this protocol but i am unaware of that. But next time i'll will visit with those command and method to implment.

Thanks

Hi,

I don't about the installation but i can give you some useful information about the IPX which will be helpful for you.Internetwork Packet Exchange (IPX) is the protocol that is used on many Novell NetWare networks. This section explains how to integrate Network Connections into an IPX network.The IPX/SPX protocol is not available on Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.

In Windows XP, Network Connections supports NetWare and IPX networks by including:
    1. NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol, also known as NWLink, which is the Windows XP implementation of the IPX protocol.
    2. Client Service for NetWare client component, which provides access to NetWare shared file and printer resources.
    3. Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) IPX Configuration Protocol (IPXCP), which supports IPX over PPP for dial-up, virtual private network (VPN), and incoming connections. PPP connections use IPXCP, as defined in RFC 1552, "The PPP Internetwork Packet Exchange Control Protocol (IPXCP)," to configure PPP connections for IPX.

unsure Re: How to install IPX on Windows 7

This doesn't work. I get the message: "Could not add the requested feature. The error is: the specified module could not be found"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. V View Post
    Hey,

There is a solution which might help with the installation of the IPX on your Windows 7 running machine.
    Make a new folder in known as temp in the c drive. Now copy the filed listed below in this directory

• Windows\System32\drivers\nwlnknb.sys
    • Windows\System32\drivers\nwlnkfwd.sys
    • Windows\System32\drivers\nwlnkspx.sys
    • Windows\System32\drivers\nwlnkipx.sys
    • Windows\System32\drivers\nwlnkflt.sys
    • Windows\System32\rtipxmib.dll
    • Windows\System32\wshisn.dll
    • Windows\System32\nwprovau.dll
    • Windows\inf\netnwlnk.pnf (*)
    • Windows\inf\netnwlnk.inf (*)

Now click on the manage network connection and again click on the LAN Adapter and finish it with clicking on the install

Hola a todos de este foro..hummm bueno yo si llegue a instalar el IPX al W7... bueno en propiedades sale Protocolo Ipx pero cuando ingreso los juegos... no reculta me sigue pidiendo que instale el protocolo ipx.... bueno yo pienso q microsoft a eliminado esa opcion totalmente.. por eso me regrese al xp... suerte si encuentran alguna guia q funcione les estare agradecido.. suerte chau

Hello friend, i would like to make you know that this is an English forums and nearly all are visitors are English. So, i request you to please post your ocntent again in English, as we are just unable to understand this Spanish language. Thank you !

Looking around I found a link to a thread at Microsoft...

But this site won't let me post it until I have posted 50 messages.

Did a search on Yahoo for...

"IPX on Windows 7"

and the first result was the thread on microsoft so that should get you there.

Last message on that thread has a link to a program called IPXWrapper.

I did a search for...
    "IPXWrapper"

and for

"About IPXWrapper"

and got the right page as the first result on Yahoo each time.

I'm still on XP on all comps so I have no problem but started to look this up upon hear that there was no IPX support and it is just a matter of time...