Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

When is Lucid Lynx coming out?

Operating Systems

Old 11-12-2009

When is Lucid Lynx coming out?

When is Lucid Lynx coming out? Has anyone got any idea about it? For those who don't know, Lucid Lynx is going to be the next Ubuntu Linux that is Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx. Can anyone tell me when will it be releasing? Also can anyone tell me new features will it have and what will be changing with it? I have been using Ubuntu since my childhood and now the time has come that i keep eagerly waiting for the newer Ubuntu releases. I try them all nad i must Say, Ubuntu 9.10 is the best!

Old 11-12-2009

Re: When is Lucid Lynx coming out?

Its still Time for Lucid Lynx to be completely developed. Its a long way... But the first version is already out and available for download. The Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Alpha 1 is ready and out for public downloads. But as its an Alpha release, its not advisable to use it on a machine which you use for your works. Its totally a development release.
Old 11-12-2009

The Lucid Lynx has the following changes :
Ubuntu Lucid Alpha 1 includes the latest GNOME desktop environment with a number of great new features.
Alpha 1 includes the 2.6.32-7.10 kernel based on 2.6.32.
Alpha 1 of Kubuntu features the new KDE SC 4.4 beta 1.
Old 11-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
Its still Time for Lucid Lynx to be completely developed. Its a long way... But the first version is already out and available for download. The Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Alpha 1 is ready and out for public downloads. But as its an Alpha release, its not advisable to use it on a machine which you use for your works. Its totally a development release.
I know a development release can cause damage to the data, but its worth trying if you have dedicated a machine for development releases and testing. Also are there any known bugs and issues in Lycid Lynx? Where can i download the newer version? This would be just too useful. Thanks again guys.
Old 11-12-2009

Some known issues known for the Lucid Lynx are :

The nv driver used by default for nvidia video chipsets on the LiveCD is reported to lead to X server crashes. Investigation of this issue is ongoing and should be resolved for Lucid Alpha 2. As a workaround, users can boot with safe graphics mode" to use the vesa driver.

The firmware for the bnx2 driver is not available on the alternate and server installer images at install time. This bug will be resolved immediately after alpha 1. As a workaround, users can install using the desktop images; or install using the alternate or server CD and enable the network after installation.

Manual partitioning in the graphical installer is reported to cause the installer to crash. Investigation of this issue is ongoing.

Clicking on the installer icon on the Kubuntu desktop CD fails to launch ubiquity. As a workaround, the installer can be launched from the commandline by running kdesudo ubiquity.

The Kubuntu alpha 1 desktop ISOs are too large to fit on a CD. They can be burned to a DVD or USB stick, or you can install using the alternate ISOs.
Old 11-12-2009

Downloads for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Alpha 1 :

Desktop Editions :

Ubuntu 10.04 : Download

Kubuntu 10.04 : Download

Xubuntu 10.04 : Download

Server Edition : Download

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , ,