Thread: wbengine gets deleted from Registry.

wbengine gets deleted from Registry.

I have been gifted a brand new PC with Windows 7 installed on it. As i have been told to have my computers backup. I tried to backup my computer but it seems that it is missing something. I got an error saying that " wbengine.exe is missing " (error stop 0x80070424). What do i do to take my computer's backup ?

Reinstall the Windows 7.

As you said your wbengine.exe is missing from your computer. I would like to tell you that wbengine.exe is the important file for backup process. Which means that you would not be able to do the backup procedure without this file. But Reinstalling the whole Operating System will definitely remove this kind of problem. Prefer to do it from the automated cd which you have been provided with the computer.

Add wbengine.exe file of the registry.

I would be going with the above comment to install the windows 7 operating system again. As wbengine.exe is a 32-bit executable for a graphics UI style application. And this file is installed as part of the Windows operating system. So now you must got that this file installs up itself when you install the operating system.

Hardware Compatibility w.r.t. OS

This seems to be something wrong with your configurations. Because
    the file wbengine.exe is a system file that runs by itself. It is included as a Important part of operating system by the Microsoft. Now it depends on the hardware of your system and installation type that it might be not getting active. Check that your hardware is fully compatible to your operating system or not.

Dr. V Guest

Deleting viruses using spyware.

In your case, It seems like that some virus may be affecting your computer so that even after adding the mentioned file to the registry, it gets deleted. There must be some virus in your computer. I would be suggesting you to scan your whole machine with any genuine spyware. Once you complete with the deleting the corresponding viruses, try adding that file again and check that is it getting deleted again or not. You may download a spyware clicking on Avast Anti Virus.

Pirated version of Windows 7

Today you can easily find the latest windows operating systems just because of piracy. This can be done from the dealer side also. But pirated version or trial version of the Operating systems does not support some feature. This may be happening because of Pirated version of Windows 7. So i would be suggesting you to install a genuine windows 7.