Thread: Vista x64 Locking when accessing Network Shares

Vista x64 Locking when accessing Network Shares

Hello

I'm having an issue where I am hosting a business application on a pc that is running Vista x64. On this pc the application runs fine. When trying to run the application from 2 other Vista x64 workstations that have a network drive mapped to the host pc, those additional PCs are locking up about 5-10 minutes after running the application. When hosting the application on a Windows XP machine, there are no issues.

The only answer I could find in regards to this was the SMB v2 protocol having issues. After disabling the SMB v2 protocol, the application worked fine for a couple of months. Now the same issue is occuring.

Just to be safe, I have disabled SMB v2 on all the workstations, with no luck. The most confusing part is why it's happening 2 months after it seemed to be resolved.

Any suggestions would be appeciated.

Re: Vista x64 Locking when accessing Network Shares

Have you tried disabling the SMB v2 protocol on the host pc and see whether it is working or nor.

Re: Vista x64 Locking when accessing Network Shares

Yes, after researching it, that was the first thing I tried. That actually resolved the issue for the past couple of months. Just recently (as of sunday) the samething is happening. I made sure it's still disabled on the host machine, as well as on the individual workstations trying to access the application.

I also tried disabling any security software, disabling Differential Remote Compression.

What I was going to try next was maybe finding a different version of the NIC driver. I'm just pretty lost at what else it could be, considering the SMB v2 disable had allowed it to work until now.