Thread: Ubuntu Webcam problem

Ubuntu Webcam problem

Hello
    My problem is when I try to install my webcam this message "Archive: / media/cdrom0/setup.exe. / media/cdrom0/setup.exe. End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it Constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on the last disk (s) of this archive. Note: / media/cdrom0/setup.exe may be a plain executable, not an archive zipinfo: can not find zipfile directory in one of / or media/cdrom0/setup.exe / media/cdrom0/setup.exe.zip, and can not find / media/cdrom0/setup.exe.ZIP, period. Is there any other way that I can finally use the webcam.

Re: Ubuntu Webcam problem

Hi
    Note: / media/cdrom0/setup.exe may be a plain executable, not an archive zipinfo: can not find zipfile directory in one of / or media/cdrom0/setup.exe / media/cdrom0/setup.exe.zip, and can not find / media/cdrom0/setup.exe.ZIP, period.
    Which model of webcam is it? For a webcam you will not install the same way as Windows and Linux.

Hello
    Which model of webcam is it? For a webcam you will not install the same way as Windows and Linux.
    I have a webcam "Logitech QuickCam" What I tried finding it found but not got a solution for it yet, and when I go on official site they say "You do not have libfile, so you can not send or receive webcam" Thanks in advance.

Hi
    You are supposed to install all your software as well. In particular it will install all the dependencies that you may need to run your software. I recommend you to install your msn client that way. Note that there are many clients available in linux msn, which emesene Pidgin, kopete, amsn. Personally I use Kopete (KDE) and Pidgin (under gnome and sub windows).