Thread: Mandriva Linux issues

Mandriva Linux issues

Hi
    I have yet to get stuck trying to go to mandriva 2010. Already that 2009 was a nest of bugs . Nine times out of ten, the problem is between the user and the keyboard. But however much I get to run the mandriva 2008.1. I think I just realized that Red Hat is doing its utmost to ensure that it does not work that paying with codecs, or buying his "power pack". I did it for 2009, a failure, and three months of technical assistance were so cans that I kept the first post. But for other versions, I never found one And the key is missing. If there was no basis urpmi which takes care of everything would be better some times.

Re: Mandriva Linux issues

If you are getting the problem with the keyboard then you the layout of the keyboard is not set during the installation of the MANDRIVA. To solve the issue regarding the keyboard you have to make some changes which are given as. Add loadkeys <name of layout> to /etc/rc.d/rc.local. Using this your keyboard will start working properly.

Thank you

It could happens when the device which you are connected is not detected by the MANDRIVA. Because i have got the same problem with the Bluetooth keyboard and i solved that with the code given below so you could also get the help with the same making the change according to your requirement.
    Code:
    KERNEL=="hiddev*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="046d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c70[345abce]|c71[34bc]", \ RUN+="hid2hci --method=(name of your divece)-hid --devpath=%p"

Hi,

I have got the messagebus which is restarted but the haldaemon was still not.So i make a change in the order of the service and moved the messagebus before the haldaemon and hopefully it works for me. So i am expecting that this will also solve your issue so go with it and fine the solution. But don't forgot to mention a thanks it it works for you.

Bye

Mandriva Linux is based on the Cooker development project sponsored by Mandriva. Hundreds of passionate free software developers work openly on the core of the distribution. This open, community-driven development system has been in place since 1998, making it one of the longest-standing open source development communities around. The involvement of the Mandriva development community helps us to make Mandriva Linux one of the largest, most up-to-date, integrated, internationalized and standardized distributions available.

For more detail visit the MANDRIVA