Thread: Shlwapi.dll Error : The procedure entry point SHCreateThreadRef could not be located

Shlwapi.dll Error : The procedure entry point SHCreateThreadRef could not be located

Hi,

I get this error message when i try to login in at the windows xp login screen:

Explorer.exe-Entry Point Not Found

"The procedure entry point SHCreateThreadRef could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll"

I can't even logon in safe mode. I am able to access certain areas on the computer, Internet access is possible via IE but not Mozilla, error message appears when majority of programs accessed.

Re: Shlwapi.dll Error : The procedure entry point SHCreateThreadRef could not be located

Try registry repair, but before you run a repair installation of XP, try locating a backup version of SHLWAPI.dll and copy it to the correct folder (system32). You may need to start the Recovery Console to do this if you can not boot in normal mode or safe. This could save time and headaches. If you are running XP with Service Pack 3 must be using version 6 or later!

Re: Shlwapi.dll Error : The procedure entry point SHCreateThreadRef could not be located

I have the same problem. What I did was a repair from the Windows XP CD. I was able to restore the desktop. Although there was a reboot, my cd the software does not work, and the system is slower. Microsoft told me should not have done the repair. I should have gone to control panel (control.exe) through the task manager and delete the updates. Though, I could not get the job and won the "entry point not found" when I tried it. I'm in the process of re-applying Service Pack 2 and hope the problems of will be corrected.

Microsoft said that a problem that could have led to this problem is with the automatic download and installation option for Windows Update set. It should be set for automatic download and notify for install later. Then disable anti-virus software before installing any updates.

Shlwapi.dll Some errors could be related to a virus or malware infection on your machine that has corrupted the DLL. It is even possible that the shlwapi.dll error you're seeing is related to a hostile program that masquerades as the. If you suspect shlwapi.dll error was caused by a change made to an important file or System Restore settings, could solve the problem.