Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Insert media notification error while creating backup image of windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 09-12-2009

Insert media notification error while creating backup image of windows 7

Hi, This is a problem that I am facing while creating a backup image onto a DVD-RW from my optical drive. It shows as insert media notification sort of error. Please help me out how to get rid of this problem or what is the basic issue for the same. How can I create a backup image for the same. use Windows 7 as my operating system. Please provide me with a solution for the same.

Old 09-12-2009

Re: Insert media notification error while creating backup image of windows 7

This problem has an alternative to it by saving the data or making the image backup using a specific portable device to store the same. You can make the backup image using a external portable hard disk device. You can store a big or huge amount of data to it and make the necessary ailments to be fulfilled. Also you should combination of all drives. The possibility could be that the burning tool software you are using might not be proper.
Old 09-12-2009
Dr. V

This problem or issue is associated with the number of devices or discs that would be required in order to make the complete backup of the system. The problem may also be associated with the discs that you are using in order to create and save the backup image files. The hardware and event viewer is related to the same process. Need to make a check on the certain parameters. The type or the version of he hardware also makes an impact on this. Upgrade the version.
Old 09-12-2009

You might need to format the discs. This can be done by clicking on the menu My computer. In the right hand column you will get the start menu. Right click on the DVD RW drive and select the format option, Most probably it will require around 3 DVD's to make the backup of the system. This is very necessary that you take care of the issue that the hardware devices and peripherals should be compatible and up to the mark.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,