Thread: Anonymous user account exists on windows 7

Anonymous user account exists on windows 7

Hello. I am having a problem with an anonymous user account that exists on my desktop system. I use Windows 7 as my operating system as I upgraded the software from windows Xp. I just do not know form where this anonymous user account shows up in the system. Its totally unknown account and I have no idea regarding it. Please help me out. Is there any mean through which we can remove the account.

Re: Anonymous user account exists on windows 7

The problem that your system shows up with an anonymous user account is due to the upgradation of your operating system. The account that shows up might be associated with the windows XP pack that you used previously. This has to be taken into consideration and can be removed by logging to the operating system. This should help you out in making the things work for you.

There is a way through which you can make the necessary ailments to implement. You can remove the unknown account by simply just removing it from the security tab. You first need to take the ownership of the files/folders that is related to the account. After it is been done click edit option and choose the Unknown ID. Now click on the remove button. This should delete the account that is creating you a problem.

Well this issue is basically based on the File system Access control list that is located on the Hard disk. For this you can use Microsoft Utility tool to remove the content. The problem could also be as the software or service sets specific user account when the system been upgraded with other operating system. By removing the user account will solve the issue.