Thread: How to guess if my device will work on Windows 7?

How to guess if my device will work on Windows 7?

I have a computer which is currently having Windows XP installed on it. I am thinking of upgrading to Windows 7. But i have way too many question which i hope i could cover here and someone can guide me. How to guess if my device will work on Windows 7? I mean, i have a decent computer hardware and lot of softwares can anyone tell me how do i get to know if these might work with Windows 7? I'm curious to upgrade and i hope i get quick replies from here. Thanks!

Re: How to guess if my device will work on Windows 7?

Can you post a list of Hardware Devices and Software that you need when on Windows 7? May be someone could check the compatibility of the device as well as the software works or not. This can be revealed only by discussion as someone may have tried the software you need on their computer with Windows 7. Meanwhile also check this topic : What can I do if my hardware does not work on Windows 7. It seems similar but it is for hardware only basis. Do post back.

Before you upgrade to Windows 7, It is necessary to find out if your hardware and software you will need is compatible or not. So for this task, microsoft has built a software known as Windows Update Advisor. You can download Windows Update Advisor for Windows 7 from Microsoft's website. I have provided the direct link below. Just download it and run it. It will check your existing hardware configuration as well as installed softwares on your computer and when it finishes, you will be given the complete list of device and software which are compatible and which are not compatible. Download : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Downloading and checking your system with Windows Upgrade Advisor is the best option. But if you wish to manually check your hardware and software, you can do so by visiting the Windows 7 Compatibility Center from Microsoft's website. There are two sections, one for hardware and one for software. In software, there are multiple categories. You can go there and see which softwares and hardwares you have and you want them to work with Windows 7. Check if they are compatible or not. Go to Windows 7 Compatibility Center : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...ity/windows-7/