Thread: msiexec.exe windows process

msiexec.exe windows process

I am running windows on my machine and after updating windows i have noticed that msiexec.exe always run as background process. I have tried to stop that process from task manager but no fix... Can any one tell how to stop msiexec.exe? Is this virus? Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: msiexec.exe windows process

msiexec.exe belongs to the Windows Installer Component and is used to install new programs that use Windows Installer package files (MSI). MsiExec.exe is the executable program of the Windows Installer used to interpret installation packages and install products on target systems. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

MsiExec.exe is the executable for the windows installer. When called by Setup.exe, Msiexec.exe uses a dynamic-link library to read the Windows installer package (MSI file)This should only be running while you are running an installer.Msiexec Provides the means to install, modify, and perform operations on Windows Installer from the command line.

MsiExec.exe is a Windows System File and should be in a system directory. It is a Windows installer file. You can also download and install Norton Security Scan. It will automatically scan your computer every week, replacing the need for you to manually scan using Symantec Security Check. It’s quick, easy, and best of all, it’s free!