Thread: Mac blank display issue

Mac blank display issue

Hello all, I have a problem and i hope anyone could help me. When I power on my computer, the the machine seems to powering on, and i can feel like it is running. The monitor switches on, but the screen remains blank. I tried unplugging all the components and plugging them back to the system and rebooted the system many times. I get a beep sound like it has rebooted, but still the screen remains blank. I tried connecting the monitor on other machine where it works. Any suggestions or help you might give me which can solve my Mac blank display issue? Thanks!

Re: Mac blank display issue

You should try booting up from your OS X Install DVD. If your computer gets you display from the Leopard install disk, your leopard needs to be repaired, else the problem is with some hardware peripheral. Do you have a G4 or G5? This problem occurs sometimes if the Mac is older and you have not ran disk utility for a long time. Also try that if you get the display from Leopard disk... Do post back...

Hello, Thanks for your valuable reply, I can boot from the Leopard Install disk and i get the proper display. Currently i'm online from my Macbook, do i need to run disk utility and do repair permission? While on disk utility, the mahcine is too slow, I can access everything faster with Leopard disk but only disk utility is slow. What could be the reason for this?

SlaVatore Guest

When you boot the machine with the Leopard disk, everything is loaded into the memory. And accessing different stuff will cause memory to load everything in the memory if it doesn't exist, so this process is meant to be slow. Also while you start disk utility, the memory access the disks and probe its properties. While your disk is used, the computer consumes some more memory and hence the process is slow. Also try to repair the permissions and see if that gets your mac to start again...