Thread: Mac USB audio out to USB audio in cross connection

Mac USB audio out to USB audio in cross connection

Hello Guys, I have a USB Audio sound card and i would like to connect the audio out of this device to another USB Sound card's input and the output of the first in the input of the first USB audio card. Mac USB audio out to USB audio in cross connection, is it possible? Which device i should use for this type of connection and which softwares can help me with this type of cross connection? Thanks in advance, Please help...

Re: Mac USB audio out to USB audio in cross connection

You will need two cables with 3.5mm male connectors on both ends. Now use first cable to connect to the output of device 1 and the other end of the cable should be connected to the intput of Device 2. Now connect the second cable to the output of Device 2 and the other end of the cable to the Input of Device 1. But this will work only if the two sound devices are on different machines ans only one sound device can perform audio input output operation...

It depends on which device you are using and if each device appears as single input/output port or separate ports for inputs and outputs, or there's only one device shown in both case. Also if you intend to on recording audio and need a recording program, you can go with Amadeus Pro which could record audio from the input port. You can also try Audacity as its a free software...

I have two different Macs and tone devices on each, I just want to cross link their inputs to other machines output. Also use Audacity and its free and i feel it more easier then other recording software. Thanks for your help, I thought to cross connect i will need some kind of device as a sound amplifier. I will try the direct connection with the 3.5mm jack on an audio cable. Thanks again!