Thread: Virtual PC for Windows 7

Virtual PC for Windows 7

I have downloaded virtual pc for my windows 7 machine. I tried to install virtual pc on my machine but it gives me an error "this update is not applicable for your computer". Is this hardware issue? I can install same package on another machine(hp desktop) with windows 7 but it won't install on my machine.

Re: Virtual PC for Windows 7

Virtual pc requires hardware virtualization support from r CPU, the most easiest way to check whether your CPU supports Hardware Virtualization or not would be free portable utility SecurAble, SecurAble” concerns itself with the capabilities and current state of the system's processor. So in the case of support for hardware DEP, SecurAble informs its user whether their system has the capability of enabling and supporting this most significant and important capability.

Have you checked the BIOS compatibility with Virtual PC, genuine for Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Maybe you should check some else - for example Services?Windows Virtual PC is a new optional component that you can use to evaluate and migrate to the Windows 7 operating system while maintaining compatibility with applications that run on older versions of Windows.

Virtual PC virtualizes a standard PC and its associated hardware. Windows Virtual PC is a new optional component that create and run virtual machine for application compatibility. To solve the problem remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer. Supported Windows operating systems can run inside Virtual PC.

Try running MS XP Mode checker found here

If it still fails, and you need your XP stuff enough to pay for it , consider Zinstall - it runs on anything, and automatically moves all your XP stuff to Windows 7, no hassle.