Thread: Windows 7 cannot kill some tasks.!!

Windows 7 cannot kill some tasks.!!

I have installed the new version of OS i.e Windows 7. I have used it 5-6 times and when I open some specific software it gets hanged. Even trying to kill that process using the task manager is useless. When I try to end the task it continuously displays "not responding". This has happened when I tried to play some videos. I can't even shutdown my computer because task cannot be killed. The only way is to shut down my system is to press reset or power button. I am getting really annoyed by shutting down my system improperly. Please help to sort out this issue!!!
    Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it.-- Max Frisch 1911 -1991

Re: Windows 7 cannot kill some tasks.!!

You said that you cannot end some specific tasks from the task manager. Many times the task manager takes pretty long time to kill some tasks. So I suggest you to wait for some time and then check. If this problem is still persisting then try to clean install your new OS again. Also before reinstalling OS try to scan the existing OS by updated Anti virus. If that doesn't help then you will have to reinstall the OS.

Many times there are useless process that gets started when you turn on your system. This causes system to slow down while starting. So try to remove that certain task which is not used by you. You are mentioning that there are some task that cannot end by the task manager then you can try killing that certain task by using the command.
    The command to kill the process is

taskkill /f /im process-name.exe

where,
    /f – Stands for that process be forcefully terminated.
    /im – Stands for the image name of the process to be terminated
    You have to enter the process which is not getting killed by the task manager.

Normally when your programs get stuck or it's not responding you have to kill that process using the task manager. You can also kill the process using the command prompt. Log in as administrator and open the command prompt by typing cmd in run. Type tasklist command to see the process that are running. To kill any particular process use the Taskkill command. For example you want to kill the winamp.exe then type

Taskkill /IM winamp.exe /F

The process that you want to kill should between /IM and /F.