Thread: Unable to write on System disk with Windows 7 RC

Unable to write on System disk with Windows 7 RC

Hi, I have installed Windows 7 RC on my computer with different hard drive than my previous Windows xp, But I am unable to write any information on this disk while running Windows 7. Even though I am making use of the administrator account it wont allow me to write. What is the solution? Please help me.

Re: Unable to write on System disk with Windows 7 RC

Hi, I think you are getting this problem due to the use of the tow operating system as you have installed Windows xp operating system on one hard drive and other Windows 7 on other hard drive. But, I think windows 7 is giving you the problem of write access due to the windows xp. So, just take backup of you all drive and then just install the windows 7 on your system. I think this will solve your problem.

Hi, I think you need to use either Windows xp or Windows 7 on your computer. Use of Windows xp as well as Windows 7 on your computer is I think not a good idea. As I think you are getting the problem with your Windws 7 is due to multibooting. So, it is good to use only one operating system. I think after some more days you will also get the problem due in your windows xp also. So, better to take backup and just install the windows which you want.

Hi, I am using the Windows 7 RC and also windows vista on my computer and not getting any problem while using it. I think the problem to write on System disk which you are getting is due to the improper installation of the Windows 7 RC. So, make use of the Windows 7 cd and then try to reinstall it on your computer and I think you will able to solve this problem. So, try to do this. It most probably solve your problem.