Thread: Computer Hangs while installing Windows7 64 bit

Computer Hangs while installing Windows7 64 bit

I am upgrading my computer to Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate Edition. I am currently having the Windows XP Home Edition Os in my system. I am booting from the DVD of the Windows7 to install it , But it is hanging in between the installation processes. This happen three times with me. To solve this problem i have to install the Windows XP in my system again. How can i install the Windows7 in my system without any errors or problems?
    Please help me out , Thank you.

Re: Computer Hangs while installing Windows7 64 bit

You are having the problem in installing the Windows 7 Operating system in your computer. your system gets hanged whenever you are trying to install the Windows 7 Operating System. This may be because of the RAM Memory of your system. To install Windows 7 in your system , you need minimum of the 4GB RAM in your your system. If you do not have this much memory in your system then increase the RAM to 4GB. This will solve your problem. And you will be able to install the Windows 7 in your computer without any problem.

Check your RAM memory , If it is 4GB and still you are getting the problem in installation of Windows 7 64 Bit version then this is some other problem. This problem is not related to your computer system. the problem can be with the DVD Disc of the Windows 7 64 Bit. Check the Disc properly. It is possible that there may be scratches on the Disc. That is why your system is not able to read the files on the disc. As a result your system gets Hang during the installation of the Operating system.

If all the thing you have proper right from the RAM to the Installation DVD Disc then this can be the Hardware problem. remove all the Hardware parts of your computer system from the Motherboard and again connect them by cleaning all the ports of the Motherboard and the Hardware devices. Again install the Operating System. If the error is still there then your system requirement is lower than what is require to install the Windows 7 64 Bit Version. Check the specification required to install this OS on the Website of the Microsoft.
    Last edited by jesse; 06-12-2009 at 04:00 AM.