Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Vista to Windows 7 RTM Upgrade stuck at 69%

Operating Systems

Old 06-12-2009

Windows Vista to Windows 7 RTM Upgrade stuck at 69%

I am using Windows Vista on my AMD Athlon 64-bit processor. I am using a 2 GB RAM. I feel that this specification is enough to install Windows 7 RTM on my machine. But, when I tried to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7 RTM my installation process gets stuck at 69%. The progress bar just stops at 69%. I tried this thrice but the same error persists. What should I do?

Old 06-12-2009

Re: Windows Vista to Windows 7 RTM Upgrade stuck at 69%

The fist basic thing you need to check is that your installation Windows 7 RTM disc is not having any scratch or any cracks on it. Use a disc cleaner solution to clean the Windows installation disc. Might be the sector where the disk drive is reading the disc at 69% is having a bad sector due to some damage. Try to install Windows from another Windows Bootable disc.
Old 06-12-2009
Dr. V

There are many issues being highlighted about failure t0 upgrade from Window Vista to Windows 7 RTM. But I have installed Windows 7 by upgrading from Windows Vista and I had no issues. Hope the following steps will help you to fix your installation problem:
  1. Go to My Computer icon on desktop and Right Click select Properties.
  2. Go to the Advanced System Settings.
  3. Select the Environment Variables.
  4. Go to the System Variables and select New.
  5. Now to apply settings press Enter.
  6. The following variable information is to be Entered:
    • Variable Name: MIG_UPGRADE_IGNORE_PLUGINS
    • Variable value: IphlpsvcMigPlugin.dll
  7. Now proceed to upgrade Windows 7 RTM.

Last edited by Dr. V : 06-12-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-12-2009

Check if your CD/DVD Drive is functioning well. Insert some other CD/DVD to check if your CD/DVD drive is reading them or not. If possible try to attach some other CD/DVD drive to check if you are able to install Windows operating system. Or instead of updating you may go for a proper(custom) install of Windows 7 RTM. I was also not able to upgrade from Windows XP Service Pack 2 to Windows 7 RC, but when I went for the custom install of Windows 7 RC it completed without any errors.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,