Thread: Windows 7 LiveTV stuttering problem

Windows 7 LiveTV stuttering problem

I had installed Windows 7 RTM 64-bit on my computer 2 month ago and I was not having any problem after installation. But since past few days, I detected some glitches in LiveTV streaming. My video card is Gigabyte PCI-e 16X card based on the ATI HD4850 chipset. The display is 23 inch Apple iMac. TV source is analog S-video feed from my local cable provider.

Last week while watchng or recording a TV program in Media Center, I found that after some variable amount of time, usually about 20 minutes, the video and audio stutters. If I pressing the pause button and resume it after that everything comes to normal operation for some time, but after some interval the problem reoccurred.

What could be the cause of LiveTV stuttering problem on my Windows 7 computer?

Re: Windows 7 LiveTV stuttering problem

Try to install first the latest drivers for the motherboard? BTW you didn't mention the brand or model of your hard drive? There are some hard drive which cannot handle being in sata II mode and has trouble writing. Some brands have issues with certain controllers.

I have the same stuttering problem on my Windows 7 32 bit RTM version. I have fiddle around the internet but found that the latest Intel driver is only for release candidate. I think we must wait for the next update which I hope will work better with the RTM. I also have recording issue. This was not the case with Vista on the same configuration.

If I were you then I would have tried running it in smaller windows and see if they continue to play. I would have also reconfirmed if my other hardware such as disk, CPU, and memory is lacking somewhere in the performance using some resource monitoring software. If they do continue to play in smaller windows, I would suggest your system is unable to handle the load from the application on which it is being run.