Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to create new folder on Windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 05-12-2009

Unable to create new folder on Windows 7

Just few days back i had upgraded my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Since upgrading from Vista to Windows 7, i'm facing several problems on my system. Now the problem is that when i right click on the desktop and then when I click on New and then Folder, it doesn't create a new Folder. I am also having difficulty creating shortcuts.If I right click on a shortcut or app I do not get an option to pin to the taskbar or start menu. So, can any one tell me that why i'm unable to create a new folder on Windows 7? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Old 05-12-2009

Re: Unable to create new folder on Windows 7

Open a command line window (WindowsKey + R, enter: cmd). Move to the folder in question by means of CD commands like CD \ and CD foldername. Don't know if it's your problem, but I get that parameter message on Fat32 systems when trying to copy/move files larger than 2gb (which are illegal in Fat32). Delete the file or folder by using the DEL command to delete files or the RMDIR (remove directory) command to remove directories (folders).
Old 05-12-2009

It may be a permission issue within Windows, try to save it to the desktop where you know you have rights and see what happens. Either your antivirus program or one of your other security programs may be blocking writes to the registry. Changes can't be saved if they can't be written to the registry.
Old 05-12-2009

The main root of this problem is the installation files. All setup files downloaded from msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent.net are corrupt and they can’t be used to install Windows 7. Looks like some program that you have installed, is protecting the Registry from changes?To get rid of this problem, you need to either download working expandedSetup file or wait till Microsoft fixes the corrupt files. You may re-download all three setup files and continue with the installation process. Just make sure that all downloaded files are complete and not corrupt.
Old 29-06-2010

idea Re: Unable to create new folder on Windows 7

Run sfc.exe from a command prompt window as administrator
sfc /scannow
it will take a little while, but this will restore all corrupt system files and you'll be good to go after a restart

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,