Thread: Folders and start menu history

Folders and start menu history

I am running windows 7 on my computer and i wnat to know the procedure to delete history of folder and stat menu. That means it should delete all the history like the folder access by the user with name, date and time.

Re: Folders and start menu history

Windows saves a history of the file names and the program and all the data which has been access by user recently and locations you type in the Run dialog box. It's called "Documents" on versions of Windows prior to XP, or if you've selected "Classic Start menu" in XP, it'll show as "My Recent Documents". You can delete this history, which you might want to do if you're using a shared or public computer.

If you want to remove the entire history or any particular data entry from windows, then please follow these steps:Go to Start menu then select Run and type “regedit”, it will open registry window find and go to HEKY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer. In right panel create a new Binary Value and name it “NoRecentDocsHistory”. Give it value of 00 00 00 01 close registry editor and restart your computer.

If you have windows operating system then temporary Internet Files are located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\. Windows stores a list of documents and files you have recently opened and worked with. Using Clear All History you can clear recent documents list manually using 'Clear Recent Documents' option or automatically using program scheduler.