Thread: Application Error due to LogonUI.exe in Windows 7

Application Error due to LogonUI.exe in Windows 7

Hi, when I am trying to upgrade my computer with Windows 7, during the installation, after all procedures, time and network installation, the window "LogonUI.exe-Application Error" has been occured.
    It shows following Error:
    "The instruction at 0x74bb459b referenced memory at 0x00000008. The memory could not be written.
    Click on OK to terminate the programm."

Then computer blinks for some time and also taks manager didn't works. Please help me to come out of this situation.

Re: Application Error due to LogonUI.exe in Windows 7

HI, This is the problem of the virus. If you are making the clean installation to the pc then you can format the computer and then with the use of your Widnows 7 cd you can install the operating system such that you will not able to get that virus infection. As when you format the hard disk the removal of that virus will be done. But, if you are making your system with dual boot, then it needs that you must first clean your computer with the updated antivirus program and then by scanning all drives and deleting the all viruses you can be able to get rid of this error.

Hi, The similar problem is got by me aslo, when I am trying to install NAC client and Avaya IP agent applications. At this time application error of LogonUI.exe is given and the installation stops working, After that I had to do the System restore in order to log back into my PC. I am also having problem with the same, if anyone is having the solution, please give it to me also. What is the reason behind this? I don't know but is it my LogonUI.exe file is corrupt? Please give me some solution.

Hi, Few days ago the same problem had got by me also. I think that the problem happen due to the installation cd of Windows 7. As I suppose that the LogonUI.exe is corrupt from my cd. So, I tried for the different one, but same problem is getting by me. So, then I come to know that this is the problem of virus. So, then I scan my whole computer with Mcafee Ativirus and then it fond many viruses from my computer and deleted it. So, then I install the Windows 7 without any type of error. So, I think you also need to do same. So, try to do it and then you will able to resolve this problem.

I have a windows 7 program that crashed with logonui.exe, I keep getting a
    message of "comctl.32". My laptop will not boot up, not even on Safe Mode.
    Does anyone have some solutions for me?

Basically Comctl32.dll errors appears or i can the cause of this error are removal or corruption of the comctl32 file. Probably this happens while using or installing some program, application or even while installing windows. What i can suggest you at the moment is try to repair your system with the installation disk, as you said its not booting. If you are able to boot, than simply restore your system back to any previous restore point.