Thread: Win Vista Sp2 install Error : An internal error occurred while installing the service pack

Win Vista Sp2 install Error : An internal error occurred while installing the service pack

Hi,

I have just formatted my pc. When I try to install Windows Vista sevice pack 2. When using the standalone installer, I get the error message, An Internal Error Occurred While Installing the Service Pack. Anyone else see this and know of a solution.

Re: Win Vista Sp2 install Error : An internal error occurred while installing the service pack

It appears that the issue is directly related to specifically interact with copies Vista Windows Update or Microsoft Update. In this context, users of Microsoft tips to download the standalone package for Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and implement manually from your machine. Try each resolution in the "General Troubleshooting" and "Advanced Troubleshooting" section in the order they are presented. After trying a resolution, try to install the service pack again.

Re: Win Vista Sp2 install Error : An internal error occurred while installing the service pack

One of the most common cause of installation failure is when a third party application has a file open or locks a file that the service pack installation program needs. Close all applications and restart your computer. After your computer has restarted, disable any antivirus or other anti-spyware application that can be loaded during the startup process. As soon as you close the antivirus or antispyware application, try installing Windows Vista SP1 from Windows Update site or from the Microsoft Update site. Or, try to install Windows Vista SP2 from the full download package.

If you are unsure whether it was separate package to install the service pack, we recommend trying the following steps to install the separate package for the service pack. By using the separate package to install the service pack, it eliminates installation problems which could be related to Windows Update. This simplifies the troubleshooting process.