Thread: Windows 7 Delete Confirmation Dialog box

Windows 7 Delete Confirmation Dialog box

HI, basically i am a Windows Vista user but recently i have upgraded one of my Vista system to Windows 7, just to check out the new Windows Operating system with much more advance feature, and its really interesting.

Now what i wanted to know from you all guys is about Windows 7 Delete Confirmation Dialog box. I keep turned of this dialog box in Vista as well, as it is very annoying part for me. I have done this in Vista with the help of the following post, Avoid delete confirmation in Windows Vista and that worked for me. Now same i want to do in Windows 7 and i can find the same options here also.

So i just wanted to know, do those steps will work in Windows 7 as well ? Also let me know how can i prevent disabling delete confirmation box from other users on my Windows 7 Pc ? Thanks for all your helps...

Re: Windows 7 Delete Confirmation Dialog box

Yeah, those steps mentioned in Avoid delete confirmation in Windows Vista will to work in Windows 7. Just Right click on Recycle Bin. Then Select on Properties.You will get a new window as Display delete confirmation dialog at the bottom.For disabling file delete dialog box uncheck the box. Finally close the dialog box. Thats it...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaya View Post
    Also let me know how can i prevent disabling delete confirmation box from other users on my Windows 7 Pc ? Thanks for all your helps...
    basically you can prevent users to make any changes by creating User Accounts on your system and keep your account encrypted. Anyways,, there is an alternate way you can prevent users of doing that, by Local Group Policy Editor. Here is how to do that:-

• Go to Start Menu and in the Search line type gpedit.msc, press Enter.
    • Now locate to the following key:
      User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Windows Explorer
    • On the right side, you will find the option named "Display confirmation dialog when deleting files. "
    • Double click this file and in the newly opened dialog box Mark the dot for Enable.
    • Now close the dialog box and you are done.

To make sure, right click Recycle Bin and select properties. Now the 'Display delete confirmation dialog' option must be grayed.

You can also stop users to make changes regarding Delete confirmation dialog box simply from registry. If you wanna do it from registry, just go to Start and type regedit in the search field and Enter. Now go to the following folder
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer
    On the right hand side create a new DWORD Value. Double click on it and give it a value of 1. Press Ok and close the registry. Reboot your system to effect the changes. Thats it..