Thread: What is Windows 7 Jump List

What is Windows 7 Jump List

Hey mates,, I am need of some info from you all guys.. I am a Windows 7 user and while browsing here i found the following thread How can i customize Jump List in Windows 7 . Thanks for the nice application and tips mentioned there.

But as a Windows 7 user, i wanted to know what is Jump list feature all about ? I can see in the right click options of the taskbar but don't know any thing about it. Could you guys please give me some info about the same ?Help appreciated..

Re: What is Windows 7 Jump List

As we all know, Windows 7 is a OS with lots of new improvements and its great features, Jump List is one of them. It take you right to the documents, pictures, songs, or websites you turn to each day. To open a Jump List, just right-click a program icon on the Windows 7 taskbar. (You'll also find them on the Start menu.) What you see in a Jump List depends entirely on the program. The Jump List for Internet Explorer 8 shows frequently-viewed websites. Windows Media Player 12 lists commonly-played tunes. Your Jump List missing a favorite? You can "pin" whatever files you like there.

Jump Lists don't just show shortcuts to files. Sometimes they also provide quick access to commands for things like composing new e‑mail messages or playing music.

Got a file, photo, or website you use a lot? Open it in two clicks. Jump Lists keep the most recent things you've used handy for faster access than ever. The taskbar gives you a quick way to find the programs and files you’ve got open. With Windows 7, you’ll see the next big jump (pun intended) in making it easier to find what you need. Jump Lists take you right to the documents, pictures, songs, or websites you use most often. To open a Jump List, just right-click a program icon on the Windows 7 taskbar. You can also see Jump Lists for the programs on your Start menu – just click on the arrow next to the program name.

You can think of a Jump List as your own mini Start Menu for your application, giving you some control over its appearance and functionality. On the taskbar, Jump Lists appear for programs that you've pinned to the taskbar and programs that are currently running. On the Start menu, Jump Lists appear for programs that you've pinned to the Start menu and programs that you've opened recently.There are two manifestations of the jump list in the current Windows 7 UI: As part of the traditional Start Menu, and as a popup menu from the application’s taskbar button. It can include recently opened items, frequently opened items, tasks, or websites, in addition to any items that you've pinned.