Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error Message : Cannot load HivePath FileName: Access is denied.

Operating Systems

Old 03-12-2009

Error Message : Cannot load HivePath FileName: Access is denied.

Hi,

I have recently installed windows vista, I am unable to use Registry Editor to load registry hive file on my shared network, whenever I try to access it, I get the error message : Cannot load \\HivePath\FileName: Access is denied. What is the problem. How do I use Registry Editor, is there any other way ???

Old 03-12-2009

Re: Error Message : Cannot load HivePath FileName: Access is denied.

The computer after long and intensive use often slowly, in some cases this is because the registry has become a mess. Programs remove their entries as they are not properly uninstalled and this is your computer slower and more errors error messages. Using the program Wise Registry Cleaner 2.11 you can register your hard disk clean up, aiming again to have a system of old! Obviously we have Wise Registry Cleaner also an alternative that is Window Registry Repair.
Old 03-12-2009

The error message : Cannot load \\HivePath\FileName: Access is denied, comes even if the user account using the permission Full Control for the log file of the hive. Eusing Free Registry Cleaner is an excellent registry cleaning program that works quickly and thoroughly. Some Tests showed that Eusing work even better than some commercial cleaners and it is also highly recommended. This problem also occurs if you use another tool to load a log file of the hive that is on a network share, and the utility uses RegLoadKey API.
Old 03-12-2009

Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry. then make the following changes, to load a remote registry hive file :

1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
2. Locate and then click one of the following keys:
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
* HKEY_USERS
3. On the File menu, click Load Hive.
4. Locate and then click the remote registry hive file, and then click Open.
5. In the Load Hive dialog box, type a name in the Key Name box for the registry hive file that you want to load.
6. Exit Registry Editor.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,