Thread: Impossible to wake up Windows 7 computer with mouse or keyboard

Impossible to wake up Windows 7 computer with mouse or keyboard

My problem is as follows:

I set my PC Windows 7 (RC 64 bit) for it to enter standby after 15 minutes of inactivity. For this, I enabled hybrid sleep to wake up faster and disabled hibernation. My PC does go back to sleep after 15 minutes but impossible to wake up with the mouse or keyboard: black screen and require to reboot. Yet I turned on the alarm clock settings mouse/keyboard in my bios.

Re: Impossible to wake up Windows 7 computer with mouse or keyboard

In Device Manager, which shows the properties of the keyboard and mouse, you will find a tab on the power management when you check the permission to wake up to the one you want. Take the keyboard instead. A test with the standby manually.

My answer is based on Vista, but right here has not changed much. OK in the bios does not, returns behind windows.

If your PC is a laptop you may want to stop the disk even if your PC is not even sleep, for example because what you do not ask that the disk rotates. But you can modify all here trying to match what that something realistic for you.

For the day we must review all the settings in the bios first, then Control Panel, and in Device Manager.

The operation is also quite dependent on the proper management by the bios. Wobbly drivers may also cause problems, or does not recover too well out of standby, I think the USB TV tuner whose power was cut during the day and are reset by the driver that if multiplex rates.

I transferred all my USB peripherals and it does not work better. I think my bios has the correct settings:
    Standby mode: Auto
    Type ACPI: yes
    APIC 2.0 Support: Enabled
    ACPI APIC Support: Enabled
    EUP Ready: Disabled

What is certain is that the power of my USB peripherals + Graphic card is not available. Also the PS2 keyboard/mouse does not (I did the test off the PC to the blind). The PC is active but broken down with CPU / box OK to exit standby.

I do not know where to look.

Check out all the symptoms that confirm that the PC is running, broken down (already mentioned) but also seeing the disk blink like every boot, possibly lights router/box that shows activity. If all this is confirmed then it would turn to the display adapter and monitor.

And also in the device manager to verify that the USB root hubs, allowing the box to cut power unchecked.