Thread: Transfered data on SD card gets corrupted on Windows 7

Transfered data on SD card gets corrupted on Windows 7

Hi, i am a Windows 7 user, recently upgraded from one of my Windows Vista system. Its really very cool operating system. Every thing is fine but am having an issue with Windows 7 Advanced Direct Memory Access. I use this to transfer my some files and folders form computer to my SD cards, so that i can take this files wherever i go. I don't know why, everytime transfered data on SD card gets corrupted. If i do this transfer on my Windows Vista, it works proper.

So, i can realize that the problem is not with my SD card but it is with my Windows 7. Do anyone of you had faced this issue ? Also let me know to fix the same. Help appreciated..

Re: Transfered data on SD card gets corrupted on Windows 7

Yeah, thats was a major issue with Windows 7. This happens because during an ADMA transfer process, the Secure Digital Bus Driver (Sdbus.sys) converts the DMA data structure of the operating system to the ADMA data structure of the SD card. And while data conversion process, the Sdbus.sys driver does not check the buffer size in the descriptor table of the system. Therefore, the Sdbus.sys driver may set an incorrect data length in the SD descriptor table. I heard that Microsoft was about to release a fix for that but i'm not able to find it at the time. Will let you know, if i get the same.

Well, this is true that when you transfer files on NTFS formatted SD card from windows 7 using ADMA , the files are more likely to get corrupted. The cause for this is most probably Sdbus.sys driver. Anyways, Microsoft has finally released fix to prevent this data corruption. You can download this update from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or from the Windows Download Center.

x86-based versions of Windows 7

x64-based versions of Windows 7

Install this update to resolve a possible data loss issue involving controllers that support ADMA. During some transfers to a SD card, the data written to the card could be corrupted. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Just download and install this Update for Windows 7 and hope your problem will get fixed. When prompted, click Open or Run this program from its current location. The tool will collect information about your computer hardware and software that will determine whether your Windows installation is genuine.