Thread: Windows 7 Explorer jump list disappeared

Windows 7 Explorer jump list disappeared

I am running windows 7 on my machine, i wnat to know the procedure to pin a folder to the Windows explorer jump list? I have tried this but after that my Jump List has disappeared. I have no idea how get back. Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 Explorer jump list disappeared

If from the 'Desktop', you right-click a shortcut (or program), thiere will be an option to 'Pin to Start menu' However, if you right-click *a folder* on the 'Desktop', there is not said option. A message appears that reads, “Pin to Windows Explorer” before you release the mouse button. when you right-click on the Windows Explorer icon in the taskbar, you now see only the option to run the program or Unpin it? The folder will appear under a “Pinned” section of the Jump List. You can remove a folder from the Jump List by clicking the “Unpin from this list” icon on the right side of the panel.

To my knowledge you can't do this in W7 without external tools. I'm using 7stacks and it's working very well. 7stacks is an easy to use, free app that lets Windows 7 (and Vista and XP) users have "stacks" of icons in their Taskbar (in 7) or QuickLaunch Toolbar (in Vista and XP).Let's you do a bit of other customization too.

If Windows Explorer jumplist disappear then you need to check for all the junk files and registry file. I recommend you to run CCleaner interface, it is logically designed and makes it easy to wipe away your tracks from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome from various Windows system areas, and from some third-party applications.