Thread: Automatic Sleep not working on Windows 7 32 bit

Automatic Sleep not working on Windows 7 32 bit

I am running windows 7 32 bit and I have a problem with sleep. The computer won't automatically go to sleep. The monitor will turn off but the system stays on. I have unsuccessfully been trying to isolate the cause or conditions for this error. All drivers, incl NVIDIA video drivers, are up to date. I can manually sleep the computer fine. It will stay sleeping until I wake it. Anyway, for some reason my computer is not suspending itself any more. It worked fine for the first week, turning "off" after about 30 minutes. Does any body knows why does automatic sleep not working on Windows 7 32 bit? Any suggestions? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Automatic Sleep not working on Windows 7 32 bit

These issues with Devices and software applications not reinitializing properly when resuming from Sleep/Hibernation.Generally, while computer is sleeping, all open documents and programs stop working. Putting your computer to sleep is like pausing a DVD player: the computer immediately stops what it's doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working.

Are you using the built-in Windows 7 drivers, the downloadable Toshiba ones, or the downloadable Wacom ones? In addition, you might see if the items listed here can help you find out what may be waking up your computer. Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems.

If you are using a desktop computer, chances are that you don’t want the computer to go to sleep automatically. I ran powercrfg -events and powercfg -requests last night to try to determine where the hang up was, and apparently something is using my audio driver, preventing it from going to sleep properly. This is even more the case if you are running Windows 7 or Vista in a virtual machine for testing purposes.