Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Missing files while Backup

Operating Systems

Old 03-12-2009

Missing files while Backup

Hi friends, I am using windows 7 and when I run full backup in it, I got the following error message:

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\IUSR_NMPR\AppData\LocalLow. Error : (The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070054))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\IUSR_NMPR\Contacts. Error : (The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070054))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\IUSR_NMPR\Searches. Error : (The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070054))

What does it mean. Can anyone has the solution. What does this files name suggest. Can anyone tell me? Please, reply me.

Old 03-12-2009

Re: Missing files while Backup

Hi, This type of error which you have specified as below

Quote:
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\IUSR_NMPR\AppData\LocalLow. Error : (The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070054))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\IUSR_NMPR\Contacts. Error : (The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070054))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\IUSR_NMPR\Searches. Error : (The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070054))
i had this many time on my computer also. but some how my brother solve that for me and till now, I don't have any problem with my Windows 7. It may possible that some or the other file cannot be read by the operating system and due to which you are getting this type of error. try to find out that
Old 03-12-2009
Dr. V

Hi, I think you need to do some housekeeping task as follows to solve your missing files while backup.

1. Click Start. Enter gpedit.msc in the Start Search box.
2. Move to “Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Audit Policy”.
3. Open “Audit account management”.
4. From that Select both Success and Failure.
5. Then restart your computer to set the setting.
6. Now check the Security log.

After this you just post the status of your compute, so that I can search the error or missing files.
Old 03-12-2009

I think you need to take the backup again. So, that you will come to know whether it will be Ok now or not. As it may possible that the time when your are taking the backup, that file is used by some resource or application and due to which you are getting that error. So, just check by again taking backup that it is giving you same error or not.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,