Thread: Network problem in windows 7

Network problem in windows 7

Hey guys
    Any help on networking would be great here. Vista and Win 7 support IP V6 but my college does not support it. I tried to disable the V6 IP properties of the wireless card in my laptop and run the browser in XP compatibility mode (XP can not run the profile, not enough power!) And either one or both of them have solved my problem! Any help without having to install XP would be great, I do not hours of work on my laptop just to go online college! Before you ask, wireless adapter for my laptop works very well at home, a signal strength is good in college and my MAC address is registered on the wireless network for students, but the technicians say whatever IP V6 is not supported and therefore an O / S that it is not.

Re: Network problem in windows 7

Hello
    Here are some of the points to be considered
    1) That the technicians do not know what they speak, IP V6 is supported, it is only because of Windows Vista and Windows 7 security that you can not access the network.
    2) When you connect to the wireless network, there is a window poping asking if it is a public or workplace or private, I found that it is always preferable to choose the network workplace, because the security level is lower on the work network.
    3) Do you have a kind of anti virus on your system that has its own firewall? and if not, it would be a great idea to get one because you get some nasty virus on a network.
    4) If you already have an anti-virus with a firewall built you will need to go physically in the setup of the firewall of your anti virus and allow the rooters IP address, the witch is normally 10.0.0.2 Will you see a list of its IP addresses connected to its network, then just know witch is the rooters IP address and select Allow.

Hi
    Thanks for your reply
    Indeed, I have a virus. Avast! Keeps me protected against all evil, as well as SpyBot. So, if I find the IP addresses of all access points that I use in a week and enter them manually, I should be able to get online, if I configure my network as a peer network work? Any advice on this or suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Hi
    Yes, you should be able connect if you have the IP network paths door (router).AVG anti-virus is fine, but it does not have a huge variety in its database. I recommend BitDefender Internet Security .. Cheap and relays and is ranked No1 in the world. You can try it.