Thread: Windows 7 xp compatibility mode graphics card

Windows 7 xp compatibility mode graphics card

Hi
    I have an dell inspiron 1520 laptop, and I have install windows 7 with an xp compatible mode and vista, so my laptop contains a dual boot. I tried to play a game under windows 7 but was not successful and after that I tried to run the game on xp compatible mode, i was surprised to see that the game started and said that no graphics grad was found. then i immediately check the operating system for the graphics card, it was not even detected by the system. the graphics card which I am using is nvidia 8600mgt. How is this possible, do you guys have any idea about it. Pleas help, thanks.

Re: Windows 7 xp compatibility mode graphics card

Hi
    then i immediately check the operating system for the graphics card, it was not even detected by the system
    You have said that the video card is not recognized by the virtual windows xp environment. I think you will need to install new driver for the graphic card. You can find the latest driver on their official site. Remove the current drivers if they are installed and they again install them so that yu can start playing the game. Hope this solves your problem.

Hello
    Code:
    I have an dell inspiron 1520 laptop, and I have install windows 7 with an xp compatible mode and vista
    I think you have not understood what the system is trying to say, the graphics card used is the one emulated inside the virtual pc, and not the physical card. I think you are thinking about the physical card which you have installed in your computer. But this is not the case here. So please understand the error first. Any more problem do post back.

Hi
    I have not really understood your problem, just for clarification, Is there a problem with windows xp mode because your said your are running xp virtualized with vpc. Or is this a compatible mode problem. Please post the problme in detail so that we can understand what you are asking for.

Hi
    first thing be clear that you can not install the drivers for a device that the virtual machine can not view. I had the same problem , I had tried it for a long time but was not successful in find the solution. You can not find anything that will allow you to install a different display adapter in windows xp mode. I think that microsoft has never intended the virtual machine concept for gaming. Any one has a solution for this the I would love it, because even I was in the same position few months before and then I left the idea of doing it.