Thread: Desktop resizing when using a KVM switch

Desktop resizing when using a KVM switch

I am using KVM switch to select operating system form different computer. The problem is when i select another operating system and switch a back to the windows 7, my icon on the desktop changes it's resolution setting and desktop lost its proper settings. Any ideas why desktop resizes while using a KVM switch.

Re: Desktop resizing when using a KVM switch

Click 'Start' and 'Settings', then select 'Control Panel' and double click on 'Display'. Select 'Settings' and drag the 'Screen Area' setting to 'More'. You will then see the increased setting on your screen and you will be asked if you want to keep it. Simply select 'Yes'. In a lot of cases you can elaborate this technique a bit and use it to avoid a reboot when you have not made modifications in the registry.

If desktop resizing when using a KVM switch then you adjust desktop by using Desktop Icon Toy, it is a desktop icon enhancement tool that allows you to make many funny but useful things for your windows desktop icons. You can arrange desktop icons by many complex figures, You can remove the classic ugly text of desktop icons, optional, instead of a cool pop-up tooltip.

Advanced users of Windows computers often use KVM switches to connect the same display device to multiple computers.Check this Microsoft guide for more information Display Guidelines for KVM Switches in Windows 7 IHVs can provide an optimal user experience in Windows 7 with display devices that are connected to KVM switches. A KVM switch routes signals or data from the display device to every computer that is connected to the KVM switch.