Thread: Change the background on the winlogon desktop

Change the background on the winlogon desktop

I am running windows on my computer and i would like to change the background on the winlogon desktop. Is there any software or tool which allow user to change winlogon background. Do i need to change any registry settings?

Re: Change the background on the winlogon desktop

Why not create a wallpaper of the color you want and use it in place of the default wallpaper? After a user has entered their domain logon credentials on a Windows XP computer a 'Winlogon Desktop / Secure Desktop' is used until the user desktop is loaded.

With no logon wallpaper set, Windows displays a pre-defined color for the logon desktop. For windows 7 you need to change the setting in Computer Config > Policies > Admin Templates > System > Logon : "Always use custom logon background" (). To change the logon background color to that of your choice, you need to alter the registry: HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Colors.

When you start Windows, you may be presented with the Windows XP welcome screen, that prompts you to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to log on. There is settings in windows registry to change the default background : Click Start, type Regedit and then window will open> search for the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background > Change value of OEMBackground to 1.

Windows XP attempts a limited logon for each account that is displayed on the Welcome screen to determine whether to prompt the user for a password. An attempted logon is logged for each account displayed.The Tweaks.com Logon Changer for Windows 7 provides an easy way to customize the logon screen background with just a few clicks. Simply download the free application, run it and click Change Logon Screen.