Thread: How to remove windows 7 RC

How to remove windows 7 RC

I'm having Windows Vista along with Windows 7 running on my machine. I'm using 2 versions of Windows 7 RC in the Beta mode. I'm trying to remove Windows 7 RC from my system. Windows 7 is on a separate partition. I used the Windows 7 RC dvd to format my hard drive on which Windows 7 was installed. Would I simply just go to disk management from Vista and delete the partition? Can any one tell me that how to remove windows 7 RC? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Thanks.

Re: How to remove windows 7 RC

There are several ways for move back to an earlier operating system or even transfer your files and settings to another version of Windows 7. If you ran an in-place upgrade of win7rc over top of your vista system, you'll need to reinstall vista from a hdd image backup, recovery media, a hdd recovery partition or retail media, whichever applies to your situation.

You can just delete/format the partition on which Windows 7 is installed to remove it. If you have a problem with the dual boot screen upon startup saying that you can boot into Windows or the other version of Windows and you have removed Windows 7 but it still shows up there then you can download a free profram caled EasyBCD! Solution to your issue, back up all your personal data, and do a clean install of Vista, or the RC, or both if you have two internal hard drives. You might also need to remove the Windows 7 listing on the dual boot screen.

Uninstalling is only reformat the HDD, since you cannot go back to a previous OS release, there is no downgrade option. In order to be on the safe side, I recommend using the freeware to manage the Vista Bootloader. There is no way to reverse Windows7 back to Vista. I personally use EasyBCD, if I want to install other OS including Ubuntu or Fedora or other linux OS. This gives a better control of the boot loader. You would have to reformat, and reinstall your old OS. You need to download EasyBCD on your machine. Then under view settings, you can view the OS currently in the MBR (Master Boot Record), you need to go to Add/Remove Entries and choose Windows 7 and click Delete. Then you need to go to Manage Bootloader and choose Reinstall the Vista Bootloader and click Write MBR. This will overwrite the MBR so that you dont have any issue with removing an OS from the boot loader. Now that the Windows 7 has been removed, you can format that partition.