Thread: Windows 7 RC hangs during first booting

Windows 7 RC hangs during first booting

I have got a Windows 7 RC. I have installed it on my computer which runs on a Intel Core 2 Duo processor with Gigabyte motherboard and 2.5 GB RAM. It has a 400 GB hard disk. The problem that I am facing is that after installing Winodws 7 RC when I boot my computer for the first time it hangs and have to boot it again. Please help to resolve it.

Re: Windows 7 RC hangs during first booting

Check whether or not your computer is infected by any virus or other such malware. I had a similar issue when I installed Windows Vista. It would never boot in the first attempt and later on not even in the second attempt. When I scanned my computer in Safe mode using my anti-virus it detected a virus and deleted it. Since then my Windows Vista is performing quite well.

I scanned my system in safe mode as well as normal mode too. But my anti virus- Norton Internet Security, did not detect any kind of a virus, trojan, worm or any such security threats or malwares. But when I tried to reboot my Windows 7 RC in Safe Mode it took much more longer then booting in normal mode.

Dr. V Guest

Since the Windows 7 RC is a Release Candidate which is released before the actual Windows 7 complete original version is released, it is bound to have some or the other problems. Major problems are during installation and booting. What you can do is to first get a back up of all your required data. Then re-install the Windows 7 RC. Do not try to Dual Boot but just replace the earlier instance by re-installing Windows 7 RC. Might be this would be solving the issue for you.