Thread: Cannot Install Turbo C on Windows 7 Ultimate

Cannot Install Turbo C on Windows 7 Ultimate

Friends, I am a computer science student and we have to make various programs in various programming Languages. Previously, I was using the Windows XP in my system and Turbo C was running fine on that. Recently, I have switched to Windows 7 and when I tried to install the Turbo C on that then it shows me the error message which says: "Unhandled exception occurred". After that the installation gets aborted. I will be very helpful if someone over here can help to resolve this problem. Thank you.

Re: Cannot Install Turbo C on Windows 7 Ultimate

You can use DOSbox to install Turbo C on your computer. I am giving the step by step procedure by which you will be able to do that.
    1. Click here to download software DOSBox ver 0.73 and install it.
    2. Now make a folder, for example „Turbo“ in C: drive.
    3. Now download TC and extract it in the Turbo folder that you just have created.
    4. Run the DOSBox 0.73 through the icon which is located on the desktop:
    5. Type commands below in command prompt
      mount d c:\Turbo\
      With this you find a message that says: Drive D is mounted as a local directory c:\Turbo\
    6. Type d: to shift to d:
    7. After that follow the commands below:
      cd tc
      cd bin
      tc or tc.exe
    8. From the Turbo C++ go to Options>Directories> Change the source of TC similar to source directory. And that is it and you are done with the installation.

Above post is correct and this will definitely install it. If you are using the DOSBox edition then 0.73 then you have to look through in the program installation folder plus open dosbox.conf file in some text editor. If you are using version 0.73 then go to Start Menu and select “Configuration” and “Edit Configuration“. Then scroll down to end and insert the lines that you desire to manually perform when DOSBox starts.

You should provide that which version of the Turbo software you are using. It is possible that the version of the Turbo C/C++ that you are using is not compatible with the Windows 7 and that is why you are getting such problems. You should download the latest version of it and install it again. If it is due to version of the Turbo C then installing the latest version will not create any problem for you and you can proceed to your programming.

You need to run the Program Compatibility troubleshooter to check the Compatibility of the program. Click on the start button and select control panel. Type troubleshooter in the search box and click on Troubleshooting. Click on Run programs completed for earlier versions of Windows. And follow the simple instruction by it. If you are not able to install the program then you can put in the installation disc of the program and use the troubleshooter to look through to the program setup file. This file is typically called Setup.exe, Install.exe, or anything like this. Troubleshooter is not planned to effort on a program which has an .msi file name extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah View Post
    You can use DOSbox to install Turbo C on your computer. I am giving the step by step procedure by which you will be able to do that.
    1. Click here to download software DOSBox ver 0.73 and install it.
    2. Now make a folder, for example „Turbo“ in C: drive.
    3. Now download TC and extract it in the Turbo folder that you just have created.
    4. Run the DOSBox 0.73 through the icon which is located on the desktop:
    5. Type commands below in command prompt
      mount d c:\Turbo\
      With this you find a message that says: Drive D is mounted as a local directory c:\Turbo\
    6. Type d: to shift to d:
    7. After that follow the commands below:
      cd tc
      cd bin
      tc or tc.exe
    8. From the Turbo C++ go to Options>Directories> Change the source of TC similar to source directory. And that is it and you are done with the installation.
    Very nice explanation... it worked.. Thanks..!!