Thread: How to open Files encrypted in Bitlocker of Windows 7 in xp

How to open Files encrypted in Bitlocker of Windows 7 in xp

Hi, I Locked My USB Drive With BitLocker from my windows 7 and when I connect it to the drive in Windows xp, it is not copying files in particular drive. How can it be possible to copy files to the drive which is bitlocked? How?

Re: How to open Files encrypted in Bitlocker of Windows 7 in xp

Hi, I don't have the Windows 7 installed in my computer, thats why don't know how the Bitlocker works. But, you told that you are getting the problem while copying the files to the drive, I think if you format the usb drive then it will be possible for you to copy the files into the usb drive as it will remove all the privilages which are made by the bitlocker of windows 7 operating system. So, you just need to do the thing, such as formatting the drive and see whether there it will help you to copy to the usb drive in windows xp.

Hi, you want to know how to open files in windows xp which are encrypted in windows 7. I think you will not able to copy or modify the encrypted drive in XP, if you encrypted in windows 7 or vista. To do so you need to decrypt in the same Operating System then you can use in XP. I think that will help you more. You just decrypt that drive on your windows 7 and then use it to the Windows xp operating system. So, it won't give you any problem.

Hi, On Windows XP you can have BitLocker To Go Reader. BitLocker To Go Reader is basically an application that works on computers running Windows Vista or Windows XP and it also permit you to open and view the content of removable drives that have been encrypted with BitLocker Drive Encryption in Windows 7. It also allows you to add some or the other files into your removable drive, so just install this software to your computer which has windows xp as operating system. And you will able to use your usb drive as you use regularly even though it is encrypted.

Hi, I am getting the same problem as you are getting. And the problem is as many of my friends are using the windows xp yet, I am getting problem to copy or add data to my usb drive if it is encrypted with the bitlocker. So, just give me also solution if you have any. I had searched on internet, but not find any solution about this. If you find any solution just give me also. As I also needed the same solution to solve my problem.