Thread: How to copy files from a VCD?

How to copy files from a VCD?

I am getting some issues in the copying procedure. Whenever I am getting ready to copy the file from inserted VCD onto the hard drive, it is occurring some issue with the error message. And the error message is as follows :

unable to read from
    /media/cdrom/mpegav/avseq01.dat
    When I use another CD's, it is going fine without any error message ...Would you explain me to solve this out why ???

Re: How to copy files from a VCD?

I am also getting some issues with me that is seems around the same issue as above explained. The same error getting occurred when I was trying to copy the files from a VCD onto my local disk. I have tried to run the same from my terminal as well, but same deal after a lot of solution applied ..

cp: reading `/media/cdrecorder/mpegav/avseq01.dat': Input/output error

Any suggestion would be feasible for me and appreciated ?

It may be a great possibility that you are running with the dirty lens over time that is causing such type of issues to read your disk . The simplest method to work around this is to purchase a lens cleaner for the system driver that you are using . There are several official version and official software are available for the Lens Cleaner in the combined package as kit that you can try and I would suggest you to going with the same more than any other brand .

1- Primarily, you have to perform the installation of vcdimager packages from the distro cd/dvd or download from internet.

rpm -ivh vcdimager<version>.rpm
    mkdir 123
    cd 123
    vcdxrip -C /dev/hdd
    Where /dev/hdd is the cdrom drive; it is unzipping

ls -lh(find the size of the file )
    avseq001.mpg avseq002.mpg avseq003.mpg ......

2- Just find out and download the cdfs packages from google search (you can get it from the internet)
    Primarily, you have to perform the installation of the package required for the kernel(uname -r) module constricting from the distro cd/dvd disk
    tar zxvf cdfs<version>.gz
    cd cdfs<version>

In case, if error getting popped up while compiling then you need to go for another such as

cdfs<version2>.gz
    ls *.ko
    insmod ./cdfs<version>.ko
    lsmod | grep cdfs
    cat /proc/modules | grep cdfs
    mount -t cdfs /dev/hdd /mnt/cdrom
    ls /mnt/cdrom

You have to try for copying through the cp command or graphically from /mnt/cdrom location..

Hi guys,
    I have tried to perform the installation of centos 4 distribution in my computer system for a few months that was quite fine in this case. However, the system got failed to boot last week and came up with the error message titled below during startup, please get it from the attachment section. Help me to sort out this issue ..
    Attached Files Attached Files

The very first section of the information read from the disk and it's Superblock ... that includes the disk's geometry information, ready for free space and most necessary thing is the location of the first i-node.

When the ext2 and ext3 file systems place so many copies of the Superblock throughout the disk -one Superblock after each one Group block- one of the group block is assume same as with the 8192 blocks , the first redundant Superblock would be fixed at the 8193, second with the 16385 and so on...