Thread: Windows 7 giving problem in AppLocker

Windows 7 giving problem in AppLocker

Hi, I am getting problem while using Windows 7. The beta AppLocker publisher rules are not working well for the catalogs signed files who has certificate chain which is expired. It also includes Windows system files. So, is there any solution from which I can make route? Please give me if any.

Re: Windows 7 giving problem in AppLocker

HI, I think you are getting this problem due to the corruption of the any system file. So, just login in to the safe mode and check whether there is also you are getting the same issue. If you are getting same issue then you need to reinstall the OS with the new cd and then try for same. I think you will resolve the problem by doing this. If your problem gets solved in safe mode then you can simply use the repair of the OS, which will help you to recover from the error.

Hi, I think I am also getting the same problem as you. When I start my computer, In Windows 7 Beta, the AppLocker suddenly evaluates the digital signatures of catalog signed binaries and also it includes the files from Windows system binaries. I think this may lead to some different behavior. Timestamping is a method that allows a digital signature to remain valid after the signature’s signing certificate has expired. Due to this timestamping the validity remains for user. But, due to this problem the app locker is not checking the timestamp and so, thoughts unsigned. And we are getting this problem. Therefore it is working in unexpected way. So, I think this would be work if we make any changes in policies. But, I don't know how to do this. Can anyone help me in this context. Please help me also. I am also waiting for your reply. Please reply as soon as possible.

Hi, I am also one of you who is getting the same problem regarding the applocker in Windows 7, but I have got the solution about it. And giving you also. You just need to follow the following steps to get the problem resolved.

• Start Windows in safe mode

To start the computer in safe mode in Windows 7 Beta by pressing the F8 key and then in advanced menu option press enter by selecting the safe mode.

• Create the default rules

To create the default AppLocker rules for a rule collection use the steps below:

Using local computer policy
    1. Open the Local Security Policy MMC snap-in. To do this:
    Click the Start button, type secpol.msc in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
    2. Locate and expand Application Control Policies-AppLocker and Right-click the rule collection and then click Create Default Rules.

Using Group Policy
    1. Open the Group Policy MMC snap-in:
    • Click the Start button, type mmc in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
    • On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
    • Click Add.
    • Now click Group Policy, and then click Add.
    • Click Close, and then in the Add/Remove Snap-in dialog box, click OK.

2. In the console tree Right-click the rule collection and then click Create Default Rules.

• Restart Windows and wait for the welcome screen

Restart Windows Normally and check the changes.